MetroTalk for Lumia 900, Lumia 800, Lumia 710 and Lumia 610 is updated to version 2.5. This application is a Google Voice client with full Mango support and includes push notifications for instantly receiving SMS messages and voicemail, even when the app is not active.
MetroTalk is the first Windows Phone app that gives a fluid Google Voice experience. It comes with full Mango support and includes push notifications for instantly receiving SMS messages and voicemail, even when the app is not active. Performance and user experience have been the major focus during development.
The trial/free version is ad-supported, and comes with all the features of the full version. However if you enjoy using MetroTalk, we strongly suggest upgrading for further supporting future development.
– Instantly receive toast notifications for new messages
– Live tile with new messages indicator
– Customize which folders to display
– View SMS messages organized by folder
– Play voicemail messages and view transcripts
– Manage SMS messages individually or in bulk
– Quickly view and reply to new messages, without the need to launch the full application
– Easily copy or forward SMS messages
– Autocomplete box for selecting contacts
– Place calls using either callback or by placing direct calls through a Google Voice access number
– Intelligent processing for minimizing data transfers and local processing
– Securely store your username and password on the device
– Pin folders or contacts to the start screen for quick access
– View previously retrieved messages offline (no data connection required)
– Attractive, fluid, full Metro experience
For using this application, a Google Voice account is required. If 2-step verification is activated on your Google account, then an application-specific password is required. Google Voice is currently only available in the US
Google Voice is not a VoIP service. Any calls placed through MetroTalk, will use minutes from your current wireless voice plan, plus applicable charges in your Google Voice account. As of the time of publishing, both sending and receiving SMS messages is free. Please visit http://www.google.com/voice for more details.
Changelog MetroTalk for Lumia v2.5:
- New: Added ability to dial without the need of a data connection
- New: Added new “pin to start” option for Call/Text with auto dialer
- Bug fix: The “send” button is now properly enabled where appropriate
- Bug fix: The callback dialing option would sometimes fail repeatedly
- Bug fix: Loading contact photos would sometimes result in a crash
- Bug fix: New messages now properly allow newline characters
- Bug fix: Updating the live tile now properly resets the backtile text
- Bug fix: Opening conversations would sometimes repeatedly result in an error until a full folder refresh
MetroTalk for Lumia is available for free on Windows Phone Store.
Download | Windows Phone Store
Rate this Post: